I saw the new year come in for the first time in several years. I finally went to bed about 2:15am. I got up this morning (yes,still tired) and got ready for church. Somewhere I missed the announcement that church service was starting at 9:30am this morning, but we did get there for most of the sermon and were able to partake of the communion service. It was really good to start my year praising and thanking God for all the great gifts that he provides on a daily basis, but remembering that one greatest gift and that without it my life would not be the same, and I could not look forward to eternal salvation.
After we got home, TJ actually said I'm going for a brisk walk...I said "wait, I'll join you." Eventually Mariah, TJ and I all went for that walk. It was just over 1.2 miles up to Main St and back to the house. As I have a smaller goal of 25 miles per week to make my bigger goal of a 1/2 marathon in the Fall and a total of 1212 miles in 2012, I actually stretched and headed out for another 4 miles. Felt good in the new shoes. Already have 6 miles in them. (Note to self: start saving for next pair...400 miles will come fast at this rate.)
Between reading my own book and kids books and playing Go Fish we made the most of the unexpected rain that caused us to cancel the trip to the park. We did have one of the traditional New Years Day foods - black eye peas. The kids are happy that we generally only have them once a year. I on the other hand plan to add some rice tomorrow and keep on enjoying them.
I feel that the year has gotten off to a great start. God, family, and health and fitness. We each have our goals for what we want to accomplish in 2012...weight loss, weight gain, run a 5k, run a 10k, run a half marathon, read more, spend more time with God. We now just need to stay focused and work toward achieving our goals.
Happy New Year, and may God bless you in 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment